Dear Dr Smith, Dear FSL Experts,

with interest I read the article "Temporally independent functional modes of spontaneous brain activity". (Smith et al. 2012)
I have 2 questions:
a)Is an FSL tool planned to perform a temporally independent ICA on timecourses in order to create temporal functonal modes (TFM) as described in the paper ?
b)What is - based on your expert opinion - the maximum TR and the minimum number of timepoints necessary to reasonably perform such a analysis ?  What is more important: lots of timepoints or a low TR (dense sampling) ?
Thank you,
Andreas
PS apologies, if I sent my message twice (the first one didn't appear on the list and probably got lost).