Dear FSL Experts,

Could you please let me know the answers to the following questions? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1. Page3 last paragraph: “It is always important to look at the registration summary report page very carefully, to check that all lower-level registrations succeeded” How can I tell if a registration succeed by looking at the report page?

2. Page4 2nd paragraph: “the “time course” outputs in these higher-level results no longer refer to “time” (despite the heading). They refer to subject (or session) number.” Do you mean t = 0 is subject 1 (ac_left), t = 1 is subject 2 (at_left), t = 11 is subject 6 (eg_right).

3. In the Higher-Level FEAT Report, what is: “Sum of all input masks after transformation to standard space”? How to interpret the brain images?

4. In the same report mentioned in Q3,
a. What is “Unique missing-mask voxels: This shows voxels where only one mask is missing”?
b. What so special about having one mask missing?
c. How to easily identification of single gross registration problems?
d. How to interpret the brain images?

5. Could you please explain how to interpret the results webpage? The practical asked us to make sure that I understand what is being shown.

In “Results for lower-level contrast 1  (index)” webpage,
a) In zstat 1 – C1 (left > right), there is no activation (colored dots) over the matrix of brain images. What does this mean? There is no evidence that the left hand motor task produces more activations than the right hand motor task?
b) In zstat 2 – C2 (right left), there are activations over most of the brain images. What does this mean? There are more evidences (in various amounts) that the right hand task generates more activations than the left hand task?
c) In the time-series plots (actually the subject-effect size plots),
i. What are "full-model fit" and "cope partial model fit"?
ii. What do negative effect size mean? E.g. for t=9 subject 4 df-right, the effect size is -20. What does that mean?
iii. What do we use the numbers in these plots for?

Thank you very much in advance.