I'm guessing you meant 3d nifti rather than 4d.

Anyway, sounds like you're using dcm2nii to convert. The o file is an
automatically reoriented version and the co is an automatically cropped
version of the o image. I have these options disabled in my dcm2nii.ini
file so it's been a while since I used them. Maybe it has changed in recent
versions of dcm2nii but I used to find that the automatic cropping tended
to be overly aggressive, and often chopping part of the cerebellum.
By the way, you can achieve the same effect using fsl tools on the original
file (fslreorient2std and robustfov) which is what I prefer.

--
Niels Bergsland
Integration Director