Dear All,

I am looking for reactions from practitioners and librarians to the idea of using Scopus instead of Embase when undertaking a search for literature for a systematic review.

We have Embase, but it's not certain that we will be able to keep access.

We also have Scopus and think that it contains all data from Embase from 1996 to date.   We will have to manage the transfer of searches and staff from one database to the other but in principle, we wonder if we can rely on Scopus instead.

I'm still investigating but would appreciate your thoughts.   Please send replies directly to me as I get digests from lists and won't see replies till Monday!

Thanks,

Keith

Keith Nockels MA (Hons) Dip. Lib.
Learning & Teaching Services Librarian (College of Medicine, Biological Sciences and Psychology)
David Wilson Library
University of Leicester
University Road
Leicester  LE1 7RH

E:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  | T: +44(0)116 252 3101 | F: +44(0) 116 252 2066
W: www.le.ac.uk/library<http://www.le.ac.uk/library>

Office days: Monday morning, Tuesday and Friday all day.

Winner of the 2012 THE Award for Outstanding Library Team
Elite Without Being Elitist
Times Higher Awards Winner 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/uniofleicester