I would be worried about getting arrested as a 'terrorist' at the airport and would be unlikely to be able to keep with their security system.
Marion

On 28/11/2013 22:23, Larry Arnold wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
One of the reasons why I would not even bother to attempt to apply for a visa
for entry into the USA legally, unless I could have a guarantee of diplomatic
exemption as per Yassir Arafat.

I have read the US embassy’s  criteria and thought to myself “don’t go there”  I
don’t think I would do much better with Canada either.

Larry

*From:*The Disability-Research Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] *On Behalf Of *LILITH Finkler
*Sent:* 28 November 2013 20:57
*To:* [log in to unmask]
*Subject:* Psychiatric survivor denied entry to U.S based on history of depression

A physically disabled Canadian woman who had previously been hospitalized for
depression was denied entry into the U.S. Does this mean that disabled persons
can not cross borders due to systemic discrimination. Does this not violate the
Americans with Disabilities Act? Any thoughts on this? The broader question..How
did the U.S. government obtain private medical information about a Canadian
citizen?  Please see link to the article in the Toronto Star. Lilith

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/11/28/disabled_woman_denied_entry_to_us_after_agent_cites_supposedly_private_medical_details.html

This Disability-Research Discussion list is managed by the Centre for Disability
Studies at the University of Leeds (www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies
<http://www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies>).

Enquiries about list administration should be sent to
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Archives and tools are located at:
<http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/disability-research.html>

I am taking part in UCU work to contract as part of joint union claim for fair pay in HE and there may be a delay in replying.  For more info see www.ucu.org.uk/hepay13. To join UCU go to www.ucu.org.uk/join.