Cardo Font by David Perry is good, in my opinion. It will do epigraphic symbols.
http://scholarsfonts.net/cardofnt.html
But I have no idea how it will interact with Maverick.

------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 4 Nov 2013 21:26:33 +0000
From:    Juan Coderch <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Greek font blues

Dear Elizabeth,

The group Digital Classicists are really great at solving these
matters. I do not know whether you are subscribed to their mail list.
Just in case, I copy them into this e-mail, to make sure they receive
the request. I paste their e-mail address here also:

Juan C.

On 4 Nov 2013, at 21:17, Elizabeth Kosmetatou wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> I've been writing a book on the votives in the Delian Artemision
> for several years now. The main reason for the delay of publication
> is the enormous amount of Greek that the manuscript contains and
> the various changes in systems and fonts that I've made through the
> years. Every time there is a serious upgrade, I'm always in
> trouble, checking the catalogue again and again and again.
>
> Anyway, the recent Apple upgrade to Maverick seems to have ruined
> my catalogue once more. The SymbolAthenian font I was using for the
> numerals doesn't work any more, while even my unicode Greek appears
> messed up, using two different fonts. Additionally, the Athenian
> dotted font has translated into nonsense, not to mention that none
> of my makra appear in the earlier inscriptions.
>
> It is extremely important that the catalogue is impeccable, being
> the main reason I'm writing this book. Could anyone please help me
> with this? The Greek text in unicode is fine except from the
> problems I mentioned. What I would like ideally is ONE font that
> does it all, especially the epigraphic symbols. I would also like
> to know if any of you has been experiencing issues with your Greek
> texts, especially those in older documents, after you've upgraded
> to Maverick. Believe me, this catalogue has changed so many times
> that it's not funny any more.
>
> I'll be grateful for any suggestions or help.
>
> Collegially,
>

> Elizabeth
>

> --
>

> Elizabeth Kosmetatou, Ph.D.
>
> Associate Professor of History
>
> University of Illinois at Springfield
>
> 3063 University Hall Building
>
> One University Plaza
>
> Springfield, IL 62703
>
> USA
>

> Tel. (217) 206-7428
>
> Email: [log in to unmask]
>
> Messages to the list are archived at http://listserv.liv.ac.uk/
> archives/classicists.html

Dr. J. Coderch
Senior Language Tutor in Greek and Latin
The University of St. Andrews

School of Classics
Swallowgate
St. Andrews
Fife KY16 9AL

Room C27, Tel. + 44 (0)1334 462611
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Grammar site: http://coderch-greek-latin-grammar.weebly.com

End of DIGITALCLASSICIST Digest - 3 Nov 2013 to 4 Nov 2013 (#2013-142)