The question is more “is there anything which prevents a charge being levied?”

As we all know, s35 (and s29) don’t oblige a data controller to disclose – they merely provide an exemption to the general restrictions on disclosure detailed in s27(4).

If there is no legal right to receive information disclosed under s35 etc, and absent any specific restriction in other law against charging by the data controller, then I don’t see what stops them.

Jonathan Baines

Complaints and Information Rights Officer

Legal and Democratic Services

Buckinghamshire County Council

01296 383681

Follow us on twitter @buckscclegal