Hello all,

As a local auhtority, we are in the process of altering our processes in relation to third party information requests from outside agencies, specifically across children's and adult services. Examples would include health professionals contacting the Local Authority asking for information about a particular SU, or social workers from another LA requesting to view files due to the transfer of a case.

Does anyone have any processes they can share about who deals with these requests, (what checks are made against the requestor? how the information is shared, electronically or do requestors have to come into view the information in the presence of an employee? is a log recorded of such requests?). I'm particularly interested in cases which are considered 'closed', for instance you have no longer involement with the service user. This is specifically relevant to other LA's but would apprecviate any advice from any angle.

Thanks