Dear Colleagues,
we tested a hand-held FTIR spectrometer recently in our lab at the
University of Leipzig, Germany. We used it to measure soil samples because
labor FTIR is very common is soil spectroscopy but less known in field or
hand-held out-door applications.
 It measures between about 2500 nm up to 15.000 nm and has 900 spectral
bands.
I was wondering if it would be interesting for our COSCH community and
wanted to ask you if you have ever used this for CH applications or if you
have experiences with it?
 See below the device and they recommend it also for paintings.
http://www.chem.agilent.com/en-US/products-services/
Instruments-Systems/Molecular-Spectroscopy/4100-ExoScan-
Series-FTIR-(handheld)/Pages/default.aspx
http://www.chem.agilent.com/en-US/promotions/Pages/artconservation.aspx

I am very thankful for any feedback. If it is an interesting device of CH I
could make more comprehensive tests with it and studies on it..
Best regards,
András

--
Dr.-Ing. András Jung
Research Associate / Wiss.Mitarbeiter

Geoinformatics & Remote Sensing / Geoinformatik und Fernerkundung
Institute for Geography / Institut für Geographie
University of Leipzig / Universität Leipzig
Johannisallee 19a
D-04103 Leipzig

Tel. +49 (0) 341 97 32 785
Fax. +49 (0) 341 97 38 619