Von: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Im Auftrag von Jens Kaiser
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 7. November 2013 08:29
An: [log in to unmask]
Betreff: Re: [ccp4bb] [ccp4bb] AW: [ccp4bb] uncertainites associated with intensities from twinned crystals; Sorry for HTML.

Tassos,
  I'm no expert either, and there are caveats for using this formula on correlated magnitudes. But I would assume that the intensities of twin related reflections should be independent from each other (that's my understanding of the sigmoid cumulative intensity distribution of twins). Thus, I think the simple Gaussian error propagation should be applicable to uncertainty estimates in detwinned intensities.

Cheers,

Jens