Hi Andreas,

the older quadro 600 (with 96 CUDA cores) features a dual Link DVI-I (do
not know why they did not call it DVI-D) but if I look at the specs,
NVIDIA tries to suggest (?) the k600 features a DVI-I only. No
mentioning it is dual-link. It would not make sense being single-link in
the first place but make sure before you buy the new k600 (with 196 CUDA
cores) it is really a dual-link DVI-I /i.e./ DVI-D. Some vendors state
for the k600, 1x DisplayPort, 1x /Dual Link DVI-I/ (Software)... Do not
know what "software" exactly means at this point because I have never
seen that before. For the more expensive cards (2000 and up) NVIDIA
state they have a DVI-D and a DVI-I. Probably they are trying to confuse
us to make us buy the more expensive models..

- J. -

Am 21.11.13 15:34, schrieb Andreas Förster:
> I second everything Jeroen said except the need for a €450 graphics
> card.  We have a Quadro 600, which was only £105 or something like
> that.  The slightly cheaper Quadro 400 would have worked as well.
> There are now successors to these cards.  Unless something has changed
> in their specification, they should work with the monitor with
> built-in emitter.  Others can comment on that.
>
> Best regards.
>

> Andreas
>

> On 21/11/2013 10:49, Tobias Beck wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> We are looking into ordering a stereo monitor. I am aware that this
>> question comes up every so often on this BB (and I read the post by
>> Alice), but maybe someone has any comments or recent experience with
>> passive vs. active monitors?
>>
>> And: Which graphics card can you recommended? The monitor will be used
>> with Linux and Windows, so support of the correspoding graphics card
>> with both systems is required.
>>
>> Thanks and best wishes,
>>
>> Tobias.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Dr. Tobias Beck
>> ETH Zurich
>> Laboratory of Organic Chemistry
>> Wolfgang-Pauli-Str. 10, HCI F 322
>> 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
>> phone:   +41 44 632 68 65
>> fax:        +41 44 632 14 86
>> web: http://www.protein.ethz.ch/people/tobias

Dr.Jeroen R. Mesters
Deputy and Group Leader

Institute of Biochemistry, University of Lübeck
Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Lübeck, Germany

phone: +49-451-5004065 (secretariate 5004061)
fax: +49-451-5004068

http://www.biochem.uni-luebeck.de <Http://www.biochem.uni-luebeck.de>
http://www.iobcr.org <Http://www.iobcr.org>

--
If you can look into the seeds of time and tell which grain will grow
and which will not, speak then to me who neither beg nor fear
(Shakespeare's Macbeth, Act I, Scene 3)
--
Disclaimer
* This message contains confidential information and is intended only
for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should
not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the
sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake
and delete this e-mail from your system.
* E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not
message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification
is required please request a hard-copy version. Please send us by fax
any message containing deadlines as incoming e-mails are not screened
for response deadlines.
* Employees of the Institute are expressly required not to make
defamatory statements and not to infringe or authorize any infringement
of copyright or any other legal right by email communications. Any such
communication is contrary to Institute policy and outside the scope of
the employment of the individual concerned. The Institute will not
accept any liability in respect of such communication, and the employee
responsible will be personally liable for any damages or other liability
arising. Employees who receive such an email must notify their
supervisor immediately.