Dear Lisa,

[there is a SHARP discussion list at
http://www.globalphasing.com/mailman/listinfo/sharp-discuss]

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 02:29:23PM +0800, LISA wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am running autosharp with a single wavelength data soked with Ta6Br12.
> This data collected at the wavelength of 1.254A. I told the autosharp the
> f' -20 and f''10.5. The autosharp result said these values are not correct?

Are these values from a fluorescence scan? or just theoretical values?

> How can we get the f' and f'' of this cluster?

By far the best: look at the processed fluorescence scan for your
crystal. If you didn't do one (unlikely) or you don't have it any more
(unlucky) you can use calculated values (e.g. with the CCP4 crossec
program).

Remember that for clusters there are two steps you have to be
concerned about: (1) HA detection and (2) HA refinement. SHARP itself
implements a 'spherical cluster' approach for the second tasks
(ie. once you have some sites), which can be very powerful if your
clusters are truly disordered. See

  http://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/manual/appendix3.html#generalSPHCLUSTER
  http://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/manual/chapter4.html#CLISTspecify

Often you will need to use a more manual/traditional approach here:

 * finding the HA positions by running e.g. SHELXD by hand instead of
   as part of an automatic pipeline

 * running the HA parameter refinement and phasing program with the
   correct parametrisation for your cluster (see above), followed by
   manual inspection of LLG residual maps to find minor sites and
   decide if your cluster is ordered/disordered.

 * deciding on the correct hand/enantiomorph

 * doing density modification, averaging, model building etc.

Cheers

Clemens

*
*  Global Phasing Ltd.