Peter Riley: readings in December

Canterbury. Thursday December 5th. University of Canterbury, Keynes Lecture Theatre 5, at 6 pm. Solo.

Manchester. Saturday December 14th, in the series  “Peter Barlow’s Cigarette” at the Town Hall Tavern, Tib Lane (off Albert square) at 8:30 p.m. With Tim Allen, Sarah Corbett and Alan Clemo.

The Town Hall Tavern was a haunt of mine in the late 1950s when it was known as the Manchester poets’ pub. There I met my first real grown-up poets. I never read there myself; we didn't put on schoolchildren in those days.

Two readings in one month strikes me as excessive. I don’t want to become a pop-poet.