Hi all,

We¡¯ve tried to run some ¡®Statistics Reports¡¯ for last year – but have found that ¡® ¡¦ activity that occurred more than 180 days before running the report will not be included in the report ¡¦¡¯[1]

We seem to remember this not being an issue on previous releases (SP8), and this is a change that may have been introduced in SP10.

We¡¯re very interested in hearing about others experiences with this setting.  Here are some initial questions – with our initial answers.

-       Is this something that colleagues are aware of?

(I don¡¯t seem to remember seeing any information on release notes about this change.)

-       Is it causing anyone any problems?

(my research is around student engagement – so having data from courses I was running in Jan, Feb and March vanish with no notice is ¡®disappointing¡¯)

-       Has anyone increased this setting – and if so what was the effect on the system?

(We¡¯re just making enquiries about this now – we¡¯re hosted – I¡¯d like to get this increased to 365+ days but not at the expense of significant performance degradation).

Please let us know your experiences around this setting – on or off list.

Very kindest regards

David Callaghan

[1] https://help.blackboard.com/en-us/Learn/9.1_SP_10_and_SP_11/Administrator/130_System_Management/009_Reports/Running_Statistics_Reports

David Callaghan
BSc(Hons) DBA PGCE MA (e-learning) PGCHETLS FHEA
SOLSTICE Fellow
Learning Technology Development Officer
& Associate Tutor in Education and Computing

¢Ï 01695 650753 x7753 | [log in to unmask] | dbcallaghan.blogspot.co.uk | @dbcallaghan | LinkedIn

Edge Hill University - LEarning Services

Keep yourself up to date with developments in the Learning Technology Team:

EmailLTDatEHU TwitterLearning Edge BlogLTDatEHU YouTubeBlackboard Catalyst Award for Mobile 2013

Edge Hill University
Times Higher University of the Year - shortlisted 2007, 2010, 2011
www.edgehill.ac.uk
This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Edge Hill or associated companies. Edge Hill University may monitor email traffic data and also the content of email for the purposes of security and business communications during staff absence.