Hi,

Hope someone can help:

I had a call from a lady working at a nursery who is supporting a child with multiple serious medical conditions. The child has a permanent assistant, but the school need the assistant to be able to alert a nominated member of staff if the child becomes ill.

Most of the alerts my enquirer has found aren’t suitable – she needs a silent alert at the assistant end when they press the button, but an audible alert to the nominated member of staff, but no loud noises that can disrupt the attention of 3 year olds in the vicinity!

I’m unsure of geographical spread that the alarm would need to cover, but the nursery is part of a mainstream school.

Cheers,

Aidan.

Aidan Parr BEng MSc PGDE (Lifelong Learning)
Researcher

Foundation for Assistive Technology

302 Tower Bridge Business Centre
46-48
East Smithfield
London E1W 1AW

Tel: +44 (0) 300 330 1430
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7709 2068

Web: www.fastuk.org

Reg. charity Number: 1061636
FAST is a limited company no. 3331184 (
England and Wales)

To stay up to date with the latest news on assistive technology why not subscribe to FAST's free monthly e-newsletters. Send an email to
[log in to unmask] to subscribe to AT Policy News. To subscribe to AT Research and Development News send an email to [log in to unmask].

We Tweet at www.twitter.com/FASTATUK and at https://www.rebelmouse.com/FASTATUK/