Sadly, I suspect there’s no simple solution.

I’ve heard that antiquarian atlases have also been dismembered and the individual pages sold, and a couple of years ago someone selling a pilot’s log book on EBay threatened that if he didn’t get a substantial sum he would cut out and sell separately the monthly countersignatures of the pilot’s famous Commanding Officer.

Peter Elliott

Head of Archives

Royal Air Force Museum

Hendon