Missing diaries

For those who may be sceptical of the chances of missing volumes of diaries turning up, a story from Tyne & Wear shows it does happen!

We have a collection of diaries of a doctor Thomas Giordani Wright, which originally comprised 12 volumes written between 1826 and 1831. Nine volumes - 1-7 and 11-12 -  were found in Nanaimo, Canada in 1985, possibly taken there by a grandson of Wright, and sent to us in 1990.

The diaries were transcribed and published by the Surtees Society in 2001, which brought them to the attention of a great great grandson of Wright living in Scotland, who just happened to have volume 8, now reunited with the rest.

We still live in hope of vols 9 and 10 turning up!

Liz Rees

Liz Rees
Senior Manager
Collections Management
Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums
Discovery Museum
Blandford Square
Newcastle NE1 4JA
Tel: 0191 277 2241
Fax: 0191 230 2614
Email: [log in to unmask]

  v.1TWAM

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify your IT
department.

All incoming and outgoing email are monitored for compliance with Tyne and Wear Museums email, Internet  and security policy.

This email has been swept by Sophos.