Dear colleagues,

Have you ever come across these fruits? I have recently found them in
different states, charred and waterlogged, in two different settlements,
far away from each other.
I found one charred in a roman pit, et many others waterlogged in wells
dated from Early Bronze age to Late Iron Age. They look a little bit
like nuts or acorns not completely developped and flat. I've attached 4
pictures of them: picture 1 and 2 show the charred one and picture 3,
the waterlogged ones. In the picture 4, the charred one has been  added
on the right to the waterlogged specimens.
Thanks  for your help!
Françoise

--
Françoise Toulemonde