On Behalf Of Brinkkemper, Otto
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2013 11:51 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: PDF of Mason 1995: Acornutopia?

Dear colleagues,

Could anyone outthere provide me with a PDF of Sarah Mason's article about
the consumption of acorns?
The full reference is:

Mason, S., 1995. Acornutopia? Determining the role of acorns in past human
subsistence, in: Wilkins, J., Harvey, D., Dodson, M. (Eds.), Food in
Antiquity. University of Exeter Press, Exeter, pp. 12-23.

I am especially interested in the removal of tannin. If this is no subject
in this publication, other references are highly welcome (particularly when
accompanied by a PDF :-) )

In the Netherlands, there are now at least four Bronze Age storage pits with
hundreds of carbonised acorn remains.

Regards,

oTTo