ScraperWiki are recruiting a data scientist to work at our office in
Liverpool, details here:
https://blog.scraperwiki.com/jobs/swjob10/

The details are as follows, if you prefer a plain text version:

If you hear news of a new dataset on the web, the GP prescribing data, or
the catalogue of the Science Museum, for example - what is your first
instinct?

If you answered “Download the data and play with it”, then we have just the
role for you!

ScraperWiki is a technology company based in Liverpool with clients around
the world. We provide a self-service data hub product which enables users
to acquire, clean, analyse and share their data and a data services team
who provide these facilities as a service.

We are seeking someone to join our data services team. The role will
involve:

* Helping to understand customer requirements;
* Writing scrapers to acquire data both via APIs and less structured
sources;
* Delivering data to customers in the required formats;
* Providing bespoke analysis and visualisation for customers;

Candidates should have:
* experience with data analysis: either commercial or academic;
* good written and spoken communication skills;
* experience with the Python programming language;
* Some familiarity with SQL and R;
* willingness to learn new technologies.

The role would be suitable for those with a scientific or mathematical
training who were seeking to apply their analytical and software skills
outside of their original field of study following an initial or higher
degree. They should have some familiarity with software development but we
anticipate they will learn further on the job.

Salary in the range £25k - £32k pa, subject to experience.

The closing date for this role is 1st December.

To apply, send the following:

*Your CV
*a sample of your data analysis work (online, in PDF or on paper)
*Any additional technical skills you have which you think might be useful
in this role.

To [log in to unmask], quoting swjob10 in the subject line.

--
Dr Ian Hopkinson

SIGNOFF allstat