Hi Gill

We too have an unwieldy Mayer cradle which, as you say is not inductive to a cost efficient workflow.

As an alternative, we asked our Conservation Department to come up with a solution for supporting these manuscripts and they did a sterling job and of course, they met with Conservation approval. This is also a cheap option as they did not charge us for them !!!! We have recently completed the digitisation of a large number of very high value manuscripts using these book supports.

If you like, I can send you some pics of them in action and if you are in London at any point, you are more than welcome to come and visit.

Chris.

Chris Lee - Studio Manager

Imaging Services

Upper Ground Floor