*** APOLOGIES FOR ANY CROSS POSTING ***

Dear Colleague

JANUARY 2014 FORUM EVENT - Wednesday 29th January - the day before the big London PG Study Fair on Thursday 30th January.

PLEASE NOTE: This Forum is a REPEAT of the successful Manchester Forum Session which was very oversubscribed.

Theme:  Offline to Online - and Keeping them There

We all want potential postgraduates to end up on our websites, where we can talk to them, track them and hopefully convert them.  But is our obsession with the advantages of online marketing, the rise of social media and the availability of metrics to justify spend, leading us to forget, or marginalise, those parts of the diverse postgraduate market who don't start their search online? Are we forgetting the benefits, and the necessity, of offline, in our postgraduate marketing?

And when we do tempt our potential postgraduates online, are we doing enough to keep them there, or are we leaving them to fend for themselves, hoping that they will use the contact form but too often losing them and leaving them anonymous?  What is the best way to balance their need to get information at their own pace, with our own need to acquire contact details and permissions? we are delighted to announce that Ian Morgan, well known Education Marketing expert, will be joining us for this session, and to offer case studies later in the day.

In this Forum, we will be discussing whether - and how - offline marketing to potential postgraduates is still useful and which methods still work. We'll be looking at the crucial questions – with case studies – of how to inform and engage potential postgraduates, and keep them communicating online, as well as at techniques for improving data capture without alienating our audiences.

This session is for all staff involved in both offline and online marketing activities directed at potential postgraduates.

Further details about the event, and a provisional programme are given below. As usual, we are offering a reduced rate if you or a colleague from your Department have attended before.

More information on the Forum, costs and an online booking form for this event can be found at:

http://www.postgraduatestudentships.co.uk/pgmarketingforum

We look forward to seeing you at the event.

Best wishes

Jane

Jane Penrose

Director

PostgraduateStudentships, MastersCompare and MyPostgradApps

Tel: 07739 457182

www.MastersCompare.co.uk

www.PostgraduateStudentships.co.uk

www.MyPostgradApps.com

Provisional Programme

9.15 Registration and Coffee

09.45 Introductions

10.00 From offline to online......

11.15 ...And keeping them there - Ian Morgan, Education Marketing Expert, Academium

12.30 Lunch and informal/themed networking

1.15  Key Issues and Questions: small group discussion and structured networking session

2.00  Plenary Discussion and group feedback

2.45  Case study - Ian Morgan, Education Marketing Expert, Academium

15.30 Group Discussion: what matters, What Works? - information sharing, questions and networking

15.50 What Works? Highlights, Round-up and What Next?

16.00 Close