Bedford BC Not Protectively Marked.

Hello everyone,

Like many archives we are currently investigating ways of making money from our material and trying to weigh up whether we try to do something inhouse or externally hosted. One of the things that sprang to mind was that since we already run an online catalogue via Adlib (which is soon to get a long awaited upgrade) was there any way to tie in a purchase system with it. For example, we already display low grade images on the OPAC and then people have to contact us to buy a hi-res version, is there any easy way to enable them to go from the low res thumbnail through a shopping cart to enable downloading of the hi-res without having to contact us?

Is anyone doing or experimenting with such a thing or have you considered it and rejected it?

Any thoughts on the issue gratefully received.

Regards

Pamela Birch
Conservator/Premises & Projects Officer

Bedfordshire & Luton Archives & Records Service
800 years of history, 100 years of service. Centenary 2013. Help us celebrate www.bedford.gov.uk/archivecentenary

Open: Mon 9am-7pm, Tues, Wed & Fri 9am-5pm. Closed Thursday.
Tel: 01234 228908 (direct line) 01234 228833 (main office)
www.bedfordshire.gov.uk/archive
Twitter @BedsArchives

“Confidentiality: The information contained in this e-mail and any attachment may be confidential and may contain legally privileged information. It is intended only for the use of the named recipient. If you are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately and delete it from your system. In such an event, you should not disclose the contents of this e-mail to any other person, or print it.”