Following up with this question, does anyone know why ionized calcium could be superior over total calcium in cancer patients?

Thanks for responding.

Thomas

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 11:34 PM, Dr. Sutirtha Chakraborty <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear Colleagues,

I am looking for some quality literature/ reviews on Ionized Calcium particularly on its advantages in special clinical situation.
I do not have full access to most literature including these articles:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21238441

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20492582

Can anyone help me with this full paper as well as any other literature on this topic.

Sutirtha
--

Dr Sutirtha Chakraborty,MBBS, MD, FACB
Consultant & Head,Dept of Biochemistry

Thomas Kampfrath, PhD, DABCC

Clinical Biochemist
Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
751 S. Bascom Avenue
San Jose, CA  95128
office:
(408) 885-6499