Dear Collective

Hoping you could help with a query from nuclear medicine:

We inject patient with a radioisotope named Leukoscan. This is derived from mouse antibodies. Should we require to do further Leukoscans on patients the question is should we do a blood test on them first to access if there is any HAMA present or if the risk is a low one.

 The question was whether we could do a anything to determine the validity of a second scan. My initial thought was maybe they should screen for mouse antibodies in the first place. Any advice appreciated.

Best wishes

Tony

DISCLAIMER : This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please do not disclose, copy
or distribute information in this email or take any action on its
contents. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the
author and do not represent the views of Tameside Hospital
NHS Foundation Trust unless otherwise explicitly stated. The
information contained in this email may be subject to public
disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless
the information is legally exempt from disclosure, the
confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed.

"Please support your hospital and encourage family and friends
to become Foundation Trust members via the link below"

http://www.tamesidehospital.nhs.uk/work-with-us/ft-membership-form.htm

Tameside Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Fountain Street
Ashton-Under-Lyne
OL6 9RW
0161-922-6000

------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk Green Laboratories Work http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/