Dear Francesco,
My colleague, Tim Ryan, has published extensively on this, e.g.:

   - Ryan, T. M., M. Colbert, R.A. Ketcham, and C.J. Vinyard.  (2010)
   Trabecular bone structure in the mandibular condyle of gouging and
   non-gouging platyrrhines.  *American Journal of Physical Anthropology*
   141:583–593.
   - Ryan, T. M. and A. Walker (2010) Trabecular bone structure in the
   humeral and femoral heads of anthropoid primates. *Anatomical Record*
   293:719–729.
   - Silcox, M.T., J.I. Bloch, D.M. Boyer, M. Godinot, T. M. Ryan, F.
   Spoor, and A. Walker. (2009) The semicircular canal system in early
   primates and euprimates. *Journal of Human Evolution* 56:315-327.
   - Welker, K., J. Orkin, and T. M. Ryan. (2009) Analysis of
   intra-individual and inter-sex variation in semi-circular canal dimensions
   using high-resolution x-ray computed tomography. *Journal of Anatomy*
    215:444-451.

You can find out more about his research on his website:
http://anth.la.psu.edu/people/tmr21

Best,
Sarah

--