Dear all,

aside of the copyright and other legal and financial aspects, there is another reason why it’s better to contact the author directly, when looking for a publication. It’s called human contact. Imagine: a conversation could arise about what you are studying and why you think the contribution of your colleague is worthwhile reading. Both partners will benefit from this. It will eventually lead to an exchange of more information than you had hoped for, and that you knew that existed. In some cases, it will lead to something known as ‘cooperation’. I’ve tried it several times myself, it takes a bit of time, but it works! J

all the best,

Anton

PS: @Kyra, nothing personal, of course!

Anton Ervynck

onderzoeker natuurwetenschappen

+32 2 553 1830

Afdeling Onderzoek en Bescherming

Onroerend Erfgoed

Koning Albert II-laan 19 bus 5

1210 Brussel

Belgium

P Save a tree...please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to