Hi Irene,

I was thinking to send the message below to our book contributors--it's just a rough draft so please edit as you think necesssary.  Also, can you have a look at these contact emails?  I'm missing Jane's and I think some others might be out of date.  Once we have a message we're happy with I can send it to each contributor.

And shall we set up a time to Skype about the AAG session(s)?  Maybe sometime on Friday to give people another few days to send PINs?

Hope all's well with you--I'm in the midst of designing a website for my new project, it's quite the challenge!

Contributor emails:
Rose Lindsey and Ros Edwards
Bren Neale
John Goodwin
Ann Del Bianco
Theresa Garvin
Bree Akesson
Susan Lucas
susan.lucas@temple.edu
Kaisa Schmidt-Thomé
Jane Lee (need latest address)
Anne Leonora Blaakilde
Christophe Imbert
Melissa Kelly

and maybe
Hanne Kirstine Adriansen [log in to unmask]

Elaine Stratford [[log in to unmask]]
Christopher Gronberg? [log in to unmask]
Sophie Bowlby?
Tom Disney?

Cheers,

Nancy

Hi all,

Irene and I hope you're settling well into the new academic term.  We've had a busy last few months (I've moved to Canada for a new job at McMaster University), but we now have a book update for you.

We have secured a contract with Policy Press for our edited collection '
Researching the lifecourse: critical reflections from the social sciences'.  We'll be in touch soon with a timeline for when we'll need your first drafts, but at this point we're looking at the end of March/early April 2014.  Please let us know if this timeline is problematic for you or if you can no longer write a chapter.

We're also organizing sessions at the upcoming AAG in Tampa around the themes of the book--please feel free to send us an abstract if you're interested.  Or if you already have plans to attend the AAG, please let us know as we'll be meeting to discuss the book and we'd be happy to have your input.

Best wishes,

Nancy & Irene

Dr Nancy Worth
Banting Fellow
School of Geography & Earth Sciences
McMaster University
1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8S 4K1

(905) 525-9140 ext. 20012

2nd Call for papers for AAG 2014 in Tampa

Researching the lifecourse: time, space and mobilities
Organizers: Irene Hardill (Northumbria University) and Nancy Worth (McMaster University)

The focus of this session is the exploration of lived experience from a lifecourse perspective, which refers to a multidisciplinary paradigm for the study of people's lives, structural contexts, and social change. This approach encompasses ideas and observations from an array of disciplines, and directs attention to the powerful connection between individual lives and the spatial, historical and socioeconomic context in which these lives unfold. We aim to stimulate discussion with a particular emphasis on questions of time, space and mobilities and the lifecourse. We invite papers from researchers who use a range of methodological approaches to study the lifecourse. To date most lifecourse research (and publications) has had a particular focus on demographic ageing. We welcome papers that cover the lifecourse, with a focus on childhood, adulthood and/or older age. In particular, we are interested in a papers that:
- Represent the diversity of lifecourse methodologies in the social sciences
- Consider epistemology-how different knowledge claims are connected to our research practices
- How different theoretical frameworks/positionality affect the research process
- Acknowledge and discuss the 'messiness' of social science research--examining the challenges of designing research, focusing on how authors worked through methodological issues-reflexive accounts of the process of lifecourse research, including a focus on ethical issues

Please send an abstract of 250 words to Irene Hardill ([log in to unmask]) or Nancy Worth ([log in to unmask]) by October 23, 2013. More information about the conference is available at
http://www.aag.org/cs/annualmeeting