     Thanks for sending that, Uri!  As you know (but maybe some on this
list don't), I'm transgender and have been blogging about the same
issues for seven years.  Here I apply a Roschian analysis to the
category of "woman":

http://transblog.grieve-smith.com/?p=41

Here I talk about implications for bathroom controversies:

http://transblog.grieve-smith.com/?p=446

Here are all of my posts about categorization and transgender issues, in
reverse chronological order:

http://transblog.grieve-smith.com/?cat=9

     I presented some of my research at Lavender Languages in February,
but I would have edited together some of my blog posts and sent them to
a journal, if I'd known that was all it would take to have a "study"
that gets published and reported on all the science blogs!

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1L1PBX-9IAeZp3N0t6XoapmdF_bx4GZarGwjiGp9055Y/edit?usp=sharing

     I agree that sociolinguists should take into account that binary
models of gender vastly oversimplify the variation that's out there.  I
would go further and say that these kinds of "category fights" count as
semantic variation and are thus well within the scope of sociolinguistics.

     If anyone has suggestions about journals that would be interested
in more elaborated versions of any of these blog posts, please let me know!

--
Angus B. Grieve-Smith