Which version of SPM?  Which normalisation procedure, and what settings?   How did you convert from DICOM to NIfTI?  Did you manually reorient the images?  Have you used Check reg to ensure that all images for a subject are aligned with each other before spatially normalising them?

I could write out a long list of things that could go wrong, but it is easier if there are a few more specifics to work with in order to narrow down the list.

Best regards,
-John