From: Yann Quidé <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 8:34 AM
Subject: [SPM] How to report small volume correction (SVC) results

Dear all,

I was wondering what was the ideal way to report SVC results: at the cluster or the voxel level?
I attached a screenshot (called SVC1) of my analysis (two-sample t-test) showing both significant result at the voxel and at the cluster level. I used in that case an uncorrected p=.005 and then searched in my ROI (ie left amygdala).

Surprisingly, I had a look at a more liberal threshold (p=.05), and only the voxel level was significant (screenshot called SVC2). Also, I tried it at p=.001, and both cluster and voxel levels were significant, with a cluster size of 3 voxels only (screenshot SVC3)!

I am not sure I understand this result. Any thought? What option will be the more powerful and/or acceptable? Or maybe I am completely wrong?

Thanks for the tips!

Cheers,

Yann