Hello,
I am wondering if anyone can give me an estimate of the difference in Normalization-quality between the Normalize:Estimate-function, which is an older module if I'm not mistaken, and segment+Normalize:Write.

Also, it is my understanding that the Normalize:Estimate-function simply uses the SPM tissue-probability-maps when estimating the warping parameters but, to my understanding, if you segment an image and then normalize you are using the SPM tissue-probability-maps to estimate the correct segmentation and then using that to warp your image. Can anyone clarify wherein the major difference lies?

Andreas Lidström, Research Assistant
Dept of Women’s and Children’s Health
and Neurology Clinic,Karolinska Hospital,Sweden