Dear Octavian,

On 6 Oct 2013, at 22:20, octavian lie wrote:

> I wonder if one can do source reconstruction in SPM via MSP using a
> source volume- regular grid- rather than cortical manifold.

No, there is no implementation of MSP for a grid.

> Another question is whether there is an easy way to import
> Brainstorm BEM and sensor coordinates (the latter present in
> brainstorm coordinates) into SPM. The former is an OpenMEEG
> generated BEM originally imported into brainstorm.

There is definitely no easy way. You could use OpenMEEG BEM in SPM if
it's installed on your system. There is code for that in
spm_eeg_inv_forward. It's not visible from the GUI but it works
(albeit slowly). In SPM12b in headmodelling batch you can input your
own meshes for the head model. Sensor locations should be go through
the normal SPM route.

Another possibility if you manage to get the same mesh in Brainstorm
and SPM you can compute lead fields in Brainstorm and then just
replace the ones that SPM computes (in SPM_gainmatrix... file). I
don't have much experience with Brainstorm so can't give you more
precise instructions on that side of things.

Best,

Vladimir