Dear list,

I have followed the recipe from John for a longitudinal study (including
two time points of 45 subjects belonging to two groups) using SPM12b:

For each subject

- Run the SPM12b pairwise longitudinal registration to generate the subject average and Jacobian difference (jd)

- Segment the subject average, generating c1, rc1, rc2

- Use ImCalc to compute c1.*jd (possibly dividing the result by the time difference to give the rate of atrophy)

- Run Dartel, aligning the rc1 and rc2 images from all subjects together

- Normalise and smooth the c1.*jd images

- Run stats

I have 2 questions:
1. Is it correct to use no bias regularisation & correction in the
segment step as the subject average is free of these biases following
the bias regularisation during the pairwise longitudinal registration?
2. Should I modulate or not in the "normalise and smooth"-step. It says
for vbm it is recommended but I found an email in the archives in which
John states that this question is a good one. :) Just wanted to know: is
it still?

Thank you!
Vincent Brunsch