Yes, if you have epoched data and use the ERP option, the data will
automatically be averaged. The convergence times depend on the data and the
model and can be quite long for complicated cases. Seven steps is a small
number and might indicate a problem (not necessarily though). You should
look at the predicted vs. observed data and see that the predicted data
captures the features you are interested in. Typically there would be at
least 20 steps when everything goes well.

Best,

Vladimir