Sent: 29 October 2013 11:01
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Data retention in charities

Hello all,

We are currently reviewing our retention policy, specifically in regard to how long we should keep details of supporters.  The requirements from the business are ranging from '7 years from last donation/ interaction' to 'we need to keep it forever so we can do analysis'.

I was wondering if anyone working in the charity sector has established and/or implemented a retention period for their supporter data and if they could share their experience?

Kind regards,

Zoe

Zoe Rowland
Data Compliance and Policy Manager
Cancer Research UK
For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>