Hi

I am a trainee-counselling psychologist researching therapists’ countertransference awareness and whether or not this influences the therapeutic relationship for my doctoral thesis.

I am looking to interview therapists either face to face or Online by email or Skype

To participate you need to be a:

•	Qualified counselling and clinical psychologists, psychotherapists, counsellors, psychoanalysts and CBT therapists,
•	Have at least one year’s clinical experience of working one-to-one with clients.
•	Have some understanding of countertransference is required, as you will be asked to reflect on two clients who you are no longer working with, one where you had not developed countertransference awareness and one where you had.

All identifiable information will be anonymised and held securely and you can withdraw your data following your interview if you choose.

If you are interested in taking part, please contact me on [log in to unmask] and I will send you an information sheet, which will provide you with further information about the study. I would also be grateful if you would forward this advert to other colleagues who may be interested in participating.

This research has been given ethical approval by the UWE Research & Governance board and is being supervised by Victoria Clarke, an Associate Professor in the Department of Psychology and Andrea Halewood, Senior Lecturer in Counselling Psychology at UWE, who can be contacted at [log in to unmask]

thanks

Shelley
Trainee Counselling Psychologist, University of the West of England