And if you are interested in a warm up before the big day on the 15th, why not try editing Wikipedia articles about Women Scientists?

Wikimedia UK is organising a Women in Science themed editing event on Friday 11 October 2013 in London to celebrate Ada Lovelace Day. Great news is, Royal Society has opened its online resources for 11th October midnight to midnight BST - no paywall. This will be available to everyone, from anywhere in the world, at http://royalsocietypublishing.org/. You can also search particular journals [http://royalsocietypublishing.org/journals]

If you would like to join us in editing while making use of the Royal Society resource, please feel free! For an inspiration on what to edit about, you could have a look at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_female_Fellows_of_the_Royal_Society
There are many more suggestions
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Women%27s_History/Ada_Lovelace_Day_2012#Royal_Society

If you do join us, you are welcome to
sign up https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Women%27s_History/The_Royal_Society_2013#Online_participation
and add the articles you created.

For those in London or around, you are welcome to attend the evening talk on the 11th about Women in Science -
http://rs-women-in-science.eventbrite.co.uk/

All the best,
Daria

Daria Cybulska - Programme Manager, Wikimedia UK
+44 (0) 207 065 0994
+44 7803 505 170