I think in the context of a discussion about science being stereotyped and disrespected, pointing out that it has a highly privileged place in society, compared with any other field of academia, is highly relevant.

Alice Bell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

What a limited view to have of public engagement, science and how either sits in broader society.

Just saying.

 I thought this was a list for things relating to public engagement with science, not public engagment with humanities, nor righting all the wrongs in the world in order of how wrong we think they are? Just sayin'

Dr Alice Bell

http://alicerosebell.wordpress.com