List members may be interested in the following vacancy at Imperial College London:

Research Media Officer (Natural Sciences)

Maternity cover from November 2013 – 9 January 2015

Salary: £33,590 to 41,540 per annum

We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic media officer to report on and publicise the work of our world-leading scientists at Imperial College London, joining our award-winning Research Communications group.

Imperial is consistently rated amongst the world’s best universities. The life scientists, chemists, physicists and mathematicians in our Faculty of Natural Sciences are tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges, like climate change and global security. This is a great opportunity to tell the world about their work.

News about the Faculty’s research regularly makes national and international headlines, from the search for the Higgs boson to the latest developments in synthetic biology. Imperial also has its own news website, www.imperial.ac.uk/news, which launched earlier this year to great acclaim from the higher education sector. The site attracts around 100,000 visits every month and the content you produce will help us to continue to expand our audiences.

With a curiosity about science and excellent written and verbal skills, you will know how to turn complex research findings into news, press releases and features that appeal to a wide range of people.

You will have the ability to create exciting online packages about research, including video and audio features, with the support of our digital media group. You will also be adept at using existing and emerging social media tools to help tell our researchers’ stories. You will also understand how to report on research responsibly and accurately.

Imperial receives a high level of interest from the media and other audiences. You will be producing a large number of news and online packages every month, so strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise are vital.

Closing Date:  4 November 2013 (midnight GMT)

For further information and to apply for this position, please visit http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/employment. The reference number is SS 2013 219 TAA.

• set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com