Dear Colleague

QPR2014 is still in Adelaide but this year moves to the Australian Wine Centre in the beautiful Botanic Gardens. Details of this stunning location, which is only a few minutes’ walk from the vibrant CBD, can be found at http://www.wineaustralia.com.au/ . Adelaide is known as ‘Australia’s most liveable city’ and here’s why http://www.southaustralia.com/regions/adelaide-city.aspx. The conference committee look forward to welcoming you to a new QPR experience.

If you’re wanting to present a paper or display a poster, the deadline for submitting an abstract is approaching fast. If you are interested in making another type of presentation, please contact us by email. We may be able to accommodate you.

Now, onto the detail!

Submissions for Abstracts – deadline 31 October 2013

QPR Conference 2014, April 9 -11, Adelaide REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN

QPR – Quality in Postgraduate Research – enters a third decade with its 11th biennial conference, which will be held in the beautiful setting of Adelaide, South Australia, from April 9th to 11th 2014. QPR is the world’s longest-standing conference on doctoral education. Anyone with an interest in this area is invited to attend, and proposals are invited for papers and posters.

CALL FOR PAPERS

QPR’s purpose is to bring together scholars, practitioners, policy-makers, and managers and university leaders involved in the development and delivery of doctoral education.

To celebrate our third decade we return to our roots rejecting a narrow managerial focus to address quality throughout the postgraduate system. Papers are therefore invited in areas including, but not limited to:

·         the student experience

·         supervision practice and the pedagogy of supervision

·         assessment

·         research degrees outcomes

·         the management of research degrees

·         governmental and institutional policy on research training

·         research degrees and the employability and research skills agenda

·         the research and scholarship of doctoral education.

Comparative studies are particularly invited.

KEY NOTE SPEAKERS

We are pleased to announce that the Key Note Speakers for the 2014 QPR conference will be:

Gill Clarke  - Wednesday 9  April
Affiliation: Vice-Chair, UK Council for Graduate Education
Keynote title: Evolution of the doctorate: a UK perspective on an international qualification

Dr Thomas Jørgensen –  Thursday 10 April
Head of Unit, European University Association-Council for Doctoral Education
Keynote title: European doctoral education, a silent revolution

Professor Joe Luca – Friday 11 April
Affiliation: Dean of the Graduate Research School, Edith Cowan University in West Australia
Keynote title: Research training excellence in Australia: a good practice framework for Higher Degrees by Research

CONFERENCE DETAILS

The conference will be held adjacent to Adelaide’s CBD in its heritage-listed parklands in the National Wine Centre of Australia. Paper submissions are now open through the EasyChair system and registrations are now open with further details available from our web page http://www.qpr.edu.au.

SPECIAL EDITIONS OF JOURNALS

Note that the conference organisers are actively seeking special editions of appropriate journals which would showcase papers from the conference.

SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS

The conference organisers invite proposals for Special Interest Groups (SIGS) in specific aspects of the scholarship, practice, policy and management of research degrees with the aim of creating active discussion groups and building enduring communities of practice to further QPR-related interests both at and between our conferences.

Proposals for SIGS should be made to [log in to unmask] by 22 November 2013.  A small honorarium is available to aid the establishment of up to 3 additional SIGs. One successful doctoral writing SIG is already in operation.

 Lea

--

Lea McBride

QPR 2014 Conference Coordinator – Any Excuse... Event Styling & Planning

Please join our mailing list to receive email notifications about the conference.

Academic Support Officer

3 Minute Thesis Coordinator

HERGA 2013 Conference Coordinator

Researcher Education & Development Unit

School of Education

Level 8, 10 Pulteney Street

Available Mon/Tue/Wed

The University of Adelaide, AUSTRALIA 5005

Ph    : +61 8 8313 3022

e-mail: [log in to unmask]

http://www.adelaide.edu.au/red/

cid:image003.jpg@01CC6E28.0B0CFED0Think green - read on the screen!