This year we are celebrating 45 years of being in bed with a mosquito, wondering who pays the price and dropping the dead donkey!

These are just a few examples of the activities and case studies which have been developed in the 45 years of Vitae’s flagship GRADschool programme, a three day retreat which enables you to reflect on your strengths and consider your career ambitions. You will understand the transferability of your skills, experience a range of employment settings and gain practical strategies and tips for being more effective.

Vitae GRADschool
22-25 October, Lake District
for postgraduate researchers

GRADschools are often described as life changing and many of the thousands of alumni from the last 45 years have formed long lasting networks, with 93% saying they now feel motivated to complete their doctorate and 92 % leaving the programme feeling confident that they are employable.

"It was almost entirely because of the course that I researched, applied for and got my current job.
The skills I learned at the school were exceptionally useful at the selection stages"
Participant 2012

As a result of the programme, you will:

*develop your professional and personal effectiveness
*broaden your skills for becoming a more effective researcher, such as communication, team working, project planning, and decision-making
*plan and manage the next steps of your career
*understand yourself and challenge your assumptions
*meet doctoral researchers from a variety of disciplines, backgrounds countries, and career stages

Cost and eligibility
The fee is £695+VAT and it covers expert tutors, materials, half a day at an outdoor activity centre, accommodation and meals. Travel to the venue is not included.

To find out more and to book your place, please visit: httP://www.vitae.ac.uk/gradschool2013.