Yes, this is a really interesting report, Cable.

Regarding copyright reform. David, I know that some people think of the
Pirate Party as being at the 'off the wall' end of the political
spectrum, but I do think that their position on copyright
<http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/Copyright> - basically to reduce its
duration to 10 years - seems eminently sensible. Perhaps in relation to
OER it is worth exploring a middle way between Creative Commons on the
one hand and the ridiculously over-protective copyright law on the
other. Perhaps a middle way could both stimulate creativity and provide
fair remuneration for the creators of educational resources.

Terry Loane
How do people really learn? <http://terryloane.typepad.com/reallylearn/>