David

I can confirm that SCORE got £3M over 3 years

Andy

A.B.Lane, Professor of Environmental Systems, Programme Director for EDIS and Qualification Director for BSc Environmental Management and Technology

From: David Kernohan [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 14 October 2013 13:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: OER grants' figures

Hi Eleni – as always happy to talk further about the UKOER programme.

Worth reminding all that it was a joint JISC/Higher Education Academy delivery of a HEFCE programme, and was configured as three one year investments, rather than one three-year programme.

Would also be worth mentioning the HEFCE funding provided to the SCORE project at the Open University. Though not as visible as UKOER, it did a lot of useful work and was in receipt of (I think) £3m from HEFCE over 3 years.

https://oersynth.pbworks.com/w/page/60338879/HEFCE-OER-Review-Final-Report

And there was a programme led by colleagues in the Jisc Digitisation team which created OER around openly licensed artefacts.

https://oersynth.pbworks.com/w/page/68323178/Digitsation%20and%20OER%20synthesis%20report

(I’ve linked to the evaluation reports in each case, as these may be of more use to you)

Internationally – a conversation with Kate Nicholson at the Hewlett Foundation would be of great help you you about the early years of (largely foundation-led) OCW/OER funding. http://www.hewlett.org/about-the-william-and-flora-hewlett-foundation/foundation-staff/kathy-nicholson .She is  very kind and lovely – do say hello from me!

David

--

David Kernohan, eLearning Innovation Team, Jisc

@dkernohan/@ukoer