I’m quite lucky as it is a large multi national company (approx 10,000 employees) though my base is in Belfast (600 employees) so they tend to be very open to any reasonable adjustment etc.

We use Dore programme as they have a local branch. The Initial assessment is free and if the employee is found to be suitable for the programme  the company pays half of their fee. This is applied for via HR. Occasionally the employee will come in with an assessment already completed and as long as they have the paperwork to prove it this seems to be accepted.

I really don’t have much involvement other than I refer the individual to HR when asked what help is available.

From: Janet Patterson
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 11:30 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Dyslexia - OHA role

Thanks Roberta for sharing.

Can I ask who you work for?

How many employees?

Is the cost for assessment is that around £500 and do you use a standard provider?

How much involvement do you have as an OHA?

Is it lead by HR?

Once again thanks for the information.

Please respond direct to me if you don’t want such information requested to be public.  [log in to unmask]

Janet Patterson RGN, RSCPHN – OH, BSc (Hons) MMEDSCI. CMIOSH

OHA & Greggs Group OH Co-ordinator

Landline 0191 215 1150 Ext 34574

Mobile 07764 443498

Please be advised that all e-mail communication relevant to assisting in the management of the OH process will be entered into the individual's OH file. This may therefore be disclosed to the client under the Data Protection Act (1998).