Hi Karen
I know this isn't quite the answer and you have probably considered this - but has he investigated correcting his vision with either laser surgery (c £500) or lens replacement surgery (these are multi focal)(c £5000).  It can be expensive for an individual but you can pay in instalments.  I had lens replacement surgery last year and would recommend it.  I don't need glasses at all now.

Regards

Jane

Jane Coombs MSc RGN CMIOSH OHNC
DMS

Director Working Well Solutions
Ltd

Mobile: 07710 080947

Office: 02392 365909

email:

Website: www.working-well-solutions.com

Follow us on Twitter

 Occupational Health and SafetyAdvice in a Changing World
 Company Registered
in England and Wales no 7387475