script¡¦

From:  Annie Abrahams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:  Sunday, 6 October 2013 19:23
To:  Charlotte Frost <[log in to unmask]>
Cc:  CRUMB List <[log in to unmask]>

Hi All

This might be a bit of a side way, but I am reacting to Charlotte's remark
on using performance to give an impression of the lived experience ...
From 1997 to 1999 we worked with a  group of artists on collectively managed
website called lieudit. (it was in French) It was an exciting and very
interesting experience, but we split up and took all the work offline after
an official art institution got interested in our work and we couldn't agree
on how to react to this (I have the habit of throwing away old mails every
now and then, so I can't give exact info, but as I remember it, we didn't
even really discuss anything, it was plain war)
In 2005 after I discovered that the wayback machine had kept quit some
files, and so I wrote to all members to tell  them that in a certain way we
still existed and I also proposed to put online our own archives again.
A few months of even more traumatising email exchange followed and the only
way I could cope with that afterwards was to imagine I had participated in
the writing of a theater piece. To heal myself I decided to arrange the
email exchange as such and to plan a reading. Some participants refused to
give me the right to do so and finally I had to organize the reading behind
closed doors with about 30 invited guests. I still have the theater piece,
but the only thing public is a photo you can find here
http://www.bram.org/special/provitesti/indexang.htm
<http://www.bram.org/special/provitesti/indexang.htm>

I do think staging interesting sections of mailinglist exchanges will
produce interesting insights in mailinglist dynamics, but as you all know,
it won't be what happened then ...

I am almost sure there are other examples of mailinglist enactments ...

Best
Annie Abrahams

 What I mean by that - and it

http://aabrahams.wordpress.com <http://aabrahams.wordpress.com>