Hi Simon,

http://ctgr2.free.fr/netSongs/flame-songs.htm

also, ths is great:
http://www.eddostern.com/video/BestFlamewarEver_EddoStern_Med.mov

+++++++++++++++

all,

I'm enjoying the discussion.

I fell into everything around 1997, from Fairhope, Alabama, US (a particular flavor of "south").

My progression was from cracking/hacking > experimental web design > net art.

experimental web design lists/boards/communities:
Josh Davis's dreamless.org board
http://altsense.net/
k10k

these communities eventually led to my participation at/on/in/with rhizome.

/////////////////////////////////

I really relate to the idea that everyone participating is having their own deeply contingent, idiosyncratic experience that a mere email archive will never fully reflect. I remember arguing with nn or integer at one point. I was arguing that there was ultimately some sort of biological bottom-line that grounded online experience, and they countered (in cryptic code poetry) that she had gotten to the place where she no longer had to eat food. I remember mowing my lawn mulling over that one -- I could feel mental knots reluctantly loosening.

///////////////////////////////

Here are a some of my own archival things --

from rhizome (subsequently typeset by my friend Mike Cina):
http://www.lab404.com/plotfracture/cina/ (click on image to proceed)

from the last rhizome flame war i ever had [2008] (blogily memorialized by my friendly interlocutor):
http://www.tommoody.us/archives/2008/07/02/exorcism/

from dreamless.org:
http://rhizome.org/artbase/artwork/2261/

and, for fun: