A quick reply before I catch up with some more of the email.

I did answer about the book but perhaps I haven't been clear. There is
only one book. I am working on a book tentatively titled Art History
Online and as it pulls at many different strands, I set out to pick at
many of those through out this month and stand back a bit to see what
ideas issues were forthcoming. I hoped this discussion would provide a
parallel for the print-published book when it comes out, allowing those
threads to be more complicated and collaborative than my book. I had
planned to share some sections from the research I've already completed
and written up, but discussion has been so busy I didn't want to
over-burden the list with my writing - perhaps that was the wrong
decision. Certainly colleagues at my new position advised me to allow the
discussion to take a natural course.

More soon...