We are delighted to announce that this year’s Fred Sanger Lecture will be given by M Susan Lindee, Janice and Julian Bers Professor of the History and Sociology of Science at the University of Pennsylvania:
http://hss.sas.upenn.edu/people/lindee

‘The Rise of the Genome: Human genetics after the Bomb, 1945-1985’ will be taking place on Friday 25 October, 18.30-19.30, at Wellcome Collection.

The lecture will be followed by a drinks reception.

Further details and tickets for the event are available here:
http://www.wellcomecollection.org/whats-on/events/the-rise-of-the-genome.aspx

Drop me a line if you need any more info.

Phoebe Harkins

Communications Co-ordinator

Wellcome Library

Wellcome Trust

215 Euston Road

London NW1 2BE, UK

T +44 (0)20 7611 8628

F +44 (0)20 7611 8369

E [log in to unmask]

http://wellcomelibrary.org

From June 2013 – September 2014, the Wellcome Library is undergoing major changes as part of the Wellcome Collection Development Project. We will be open for business, but there will be disruptions to services and some Library areas will be temporarily closed.

If you’re planning to visit the Library over the coming months, please check for updates on the Library blog where the most up-to-date information will be posted.

From 12 August 2013 – 31 March 2014 the Library will be closed on Mondays. For full details of our opening hours please check our website

Due to restricted space, a booking system for the Rare Materials Room will be in operation from Tuesday 13 August. Please email [log in to unmask] to book a space.

We are a global charitable foundation dedicated to achieving extraordinary improvements in human and animal health. We support the brightest minds in biomedical research and the medical humanities. Our breadth of support includes public engagement, education and the application of research to improve health. We are independent of both political and commercial interests.

The Wellcome Trust is a charity registered in England and Wales, no. 210183. Its sole trustee is The Wellcome Trust Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, no. 2711000 (whose registered office is at 215 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE, UK).

This message has been scanned for viruses by BlackSpider MailControl